For Tickets Call


Wave Wins New Year's Eve Match, 12-10, in OT

The Blast lost its New Year's Eve match in Milwaukee, 12-10 in overtime, despite fighting back from a 6-2 third-quarter deficit.  With Dave Kern in goal for the second straight game, the Blast took an early 2-0 lead before giving up four straight goals and then reclaiming the lead at 10-8 with just four minutes left in the game.

Milwaukee's Josh Rife tied the game at 10-10 with less than a minute remaining in regulation and Marco Terminesi scored the game-winner at the 1:30 mark of the overtime period.

The Blast and Wave played a scoreless first quarter at U.S. Cellular Arena before Baltimore's all-time leading scorer Denison Cabal broke the scoring drought, knocking in a rebound early in the second quarter, to put the Blast on top, 2-0. 

After holding the Wave scoreless for 30:13, the Blast gave up three goals in the third quarter to allow Milwaukee to tie the game at 2-2, take a 4-2 lead and then extend the lead to 6-2.  Kyt Selaidopoulos scored the first Wave goal, at the :47 second mark of the quarter, and Terminesi scored in the sixth minute to put the Wave on top for the first time in the match, 4-2.  The Blast, who have scored just three power play goals this season, were unable to convert on a man advantage late in the quarter and Ian Bennett scored just seconds after exiting the penalty box to make it 6-2. 

The Wave started the fourth quarter with another goal, with Joe Hammes scoring to make it 8-2, but the Blast scored the next three goals to tie the game at 8-8.  Cabral started the three-goal run with a shootout goal, scooped over the head of Wave goalkeeper Marcel Feenstra, at the 2:08 mark to cut the Wave lead to 8-4.   Following Cabral's lead, defender Jonathan Greenfield scored the next two goals, at 2:57 and 5:16, to tie the game.  Team captain Robbie Aristsodemo reclaimed Baltimore's lead with a goal at 10:56 to make it 10-8 but with just 1:06 left in the game Greenfield was sent to the penalty box for a two-minute tripping penalty that led to Rife's game-tying, sixth-attacker power-play goal with just 53 seconds remaining in the match to tie the game at 10-10 and force overtime.

Terminesi recorded the game-winner, to complete his hat trick, just 1:30 into the overtime period.

The Blast and Wave, both 4-2 on the season, are now tied for first place in the MISL.  Thursday's game was the first time the Blast played in Milwaukee since April 20, 2008 when the Blast defeated the Wave, 14-13, in Game 2 of  the MISL Semifinals to advance to the 2008 Championship Game. 

The Blast will return to 1st Mariner Arena on January 8 and 9 to host Monterrey and Milwaukee, respectively.  All Blast home games will be video webcast live on the Internet at and tickets for all home games are available at  


7006 Golden Ring Road
Baltimore, MD 21237

Phone: 410-73-BLAST